Wednesday, April 27, 2011

R&R (Rest and Relaxation) in Hue

Arrival at Citadel, The Royal City of Hue 


Does this lead to the dungeon? 


Does Scott look like a  King with sneakers and shorts? 


King Scott and Queen Chau on an afternoon bumpy ride 


King Scott waving to loyal subjects 


Typical King with his nose stuck up in the air! 


Salami, Salami, Salami, Baloney 


King Jon and Queen Hoa???????? 


King Jon addressing his loyal subjects 


Two Kings and two Queens???? 


Hollywood Jim a King????? 


Coming back for a heavy landing 


Jim finally got some recognition, but isn't that Queen Chau?  I thought she was with King Scott.


Who's fanning Who? 


Part of the Citadel 

I thought you said we were going for R&R.  I have been walking forever and I have had enough!!

We got to Hue and had some much needed R&R, or at least I needed it.  A lot of laughing, joking, and story telling went on, as it has all trip. Last night in Hue some went to a 4 star hotel and had some American style food.  We have been eating mostly Vietnamese food.  In fact tonight we are in Da Nang and all but Phil and I went to get pizza.  They said they would bring us a piece of pizza back.  Time will tell.  Also last night six of us got on a boat and went on the Perfume River and enjoyed some traditional singing and musical instruments.

Right now we are in a hotel across the road from the famous China Beach.  I will have pictures and do another blog later.

Two of the vets will talk with families using Skype and Yahoo Messenger tonight.

The reason the last posting was late is that I had it all done and then got cut off from the Internet and lost everything so I had to do it this morning again.

I hope everyone is enjoying the blog.  See you later. 

JON

No comments:

Post a Comment