Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 5 - Qui Nhon

Ca Phe Sua Da????
That is coffee with sweet condensed milk on ice

I thought the beach had girls in bikinis 

Alright guys, they are pretty young

I don't know what they think they are going to build

Look out Andy, not every dog likes strangers

So this is a kiln to dry wood?

How come no ones working?
Oh, they quit for the day

No, I don't think she wants us old guys.
We can't speak Vietnamese anyway. 

Yes, your right.
I have no idea what that sign says.

You mean my bedroom is way up on the top?

What did you say we were eating?
Naaaaaany goat.

That's enough naaaaaaany.  Thank you.


Today we traveled from Nha Trang to Qui Nhon with few stops along the way.  Once we arrived and checked into the hotel we went and had lunch and then to a Ca Phe Shop(coffee).  As we were leaving we saw some students in the park studying and took some pictures with them.  A couple of them even spoke pretty good English.


Our next stop was at a sawmill where they make furniture.  The owners name is Hoa and and she is an Amerasian that I helped with her paperwork to immigrate to America.  Six years ago she had nothing and today employs about one hundred people at a very fare wage.  Almost every time I come to Vietnam I go visit her.  She got hurt a couple of days ago so was only able to have tea with us and take a couple of pictures.


Andy thinks every dog likes him.  Most are OK but some bark there head off at him and won't get close.  I think part of it is we look so different(a lot taller and white) and we probably smell different.  The one in the picture is a guard dog, but liked him immediately.


We went to dinner with Hoa's son Thanh and his wife Na and had goat.  It was the first for some of us to have.  I wouldn't eat it everyday but it was good.


Tomorrow we head for Hue, which is an all day drive.  See you in Hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment